Wednesday, August 17, 2016

100 Days of Batman Day 22. August 17, 2016

Detective Comics #881 is the last issue in the Batman: Black Mirror story and it is a good one. Having found and taken care of the Joker, Batman shifts his attention to locating James Gordon Jr. Who used the Joker as a distraction so he could abduct his half sister Barbara. Will Batman be able to find Commissioner Gordon's son before he kills again or will he arrive too late?

Well another story arc is finished and I think I can say of the arcs I have read so far Batman: Black Mirror has been my favorite. That being said Detective Comics #881 is certainly A MUST READ. Scott Snyder and the rest of the creative team bring all the story elements together in a logical and clean manor. I am honestly kind of sad that the story is over and I will be moving on, it was just so creepy and disturbing making for one great Batman tale. Obviously Batman: Black Mirror as a whole is A MUST READ. I loved it and I think new and old fans alike will not be disappointed by it. If you have not all ready you definitely should pick up a copy and read it for yourself.

So what bat story should I read next? I'm thinking about diving into Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth by Grant Morrison. I believe it was written as a graphic novel however and not as separate issues so I will be dividing it up into a few different sessions. The other arc I am considering is the Batman: A Death in the Family run which spanned from Batman #426-429, 440-442, New Teen Titans 60-61 and Batman Annual 25. That is provided I can find a copy by tomorrow.

N. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment