Sunday, August 28, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 33

Batman: No Mans Land, No Law A New Order Part 2: Strategy by Bob Gale and art by Alax Maleev picks up exactly where part one ended. While Commissioner Gordon and the G.C.P.D make plans to start a gang war between two rival gangs a female figure dressed as a bat arrives to stop the criminals of Gotham. Who is this woman claiming to be the Batman?

I'm lost at what to say in regards to tonight's issue. It has nothing to do with the comics quality but rather a bit of a writing funk I have fallen into. That being said No Law A New Order Part 2: Strategy  is most definitely worth your time. The huge amount of potential this story is at its strongest. I like the direction it is going and reminds me in a lot of ways of the video game Batman: Arkham City. My favorite moments of the issue were the three interludes about a punk with an empty gun trying to service in a dying city.

I have to admit that for some reason it has been a struggle writing today. Even this short post has been difficult. My thoughts feel jumbled and nothing seems to be translating from my brain to paper. Do all writers have moments like this? They must, I can't be the only one. Hopefully tomorrow it will be easier.

N.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment