Monday, August 8, 2016

100 Days of Batman Day 13, August 8th 2016.

Detective Comics #873 is weird and creepy but in a good way.  Batman is in trouble, his disguise failed and "the dealer" has known who he was from the start. In the den of the enemy Batman is forced to fight his way out or be torn apart by crazed auctioneers. The book is also the ending to the first part of The Black Mirror and will pick up in Detective Comics #874 focusing on Commissioner Gordan.

If I had a rating that was higher than "a must read" I would give this book it. Alas however I do not so I rate this book as A MUST READ. It is my favorite single issue I have read since beginning this 100 day journey. The art is exceptional, the story is super strange and eerie. It has all the elements I like to see in a Batman book. My favorite part of the book which I won't spoil here was toward the middle and made me go "what the heck" out loud. It was great and fun. Odd and spooky Batman stories are the best. Definitely give this story a read if you haven't all ready.

N.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment