Wednesday, August 31, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 36

Fear of Faith Part One: Fanning the Flames is the second arc to Batman: No Man's Land written by Devin K. Greyson and art by Dale Eaglesham. Scarecrow has joined a group of survivors led by a minister who is simply trying to bring the people of Gotham together in order to help each other survive. Huntress finds out that Scarecrow has joined them and immediately attempts to capture him, but is thwarted by the group of survivors who claim he has changed. Will Huntress be able to convince these survivors that Scarecrow can not be trusted or will they continue to ignore her warning?

I am not sure if I am simply tired from a long day of work or just lack the motivation but I can not figure out exactly how I feel about Fear of Faith Part One: Fanning the Flames. I think the book was good but I do not know why. It may be simply because it features Huntress, a character I have always found intriguing, and the villain is Scarecrow, who I believe has some of the greatest potential to be one of Batman's best villains. I just can not put my finger on what made this a good read. Despite not knowing what made me enjoy this book I still have to say it is WORTH YOUR TIME. I am certainly excited to read the next three issues and learn more about Huntress.

N. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment