Monday, August 1, 2016

100 Days of Batman Day 6, August 1st. 2016

It's day six of my adventure with Batman and issue two of Batman & The Monster Men is in the books. In this issue we see a lot of character building in regards to several of Batman's relationships. He is still wanted as a criminal for being a vigilante by the police, but is now trusted by a not yet Commissioner Gorden. Batman's relationship with his girlfriend is shown to be somewhat strained as he is forced to keep the majority of his life secret while also always being late and usually having to leave their dates early. Professor  Strange's motives have yet to really be established but it is clear he is performing genetic experiments on humans. By the end of the issue Batman has a murder mystery to solve with a strange clue that doesn't quite add up.

Having finished Issue Two I'm pleased to say I'm now hooked and looking forward to the next issue. I still wouldn't rate the book as "a must read" but I would rate it as being WORTH YOUR TIME. Nothing super exciting really happens as it is more set up for the story as a whole but it was definitely enjoyable. I still think it is going to follow the "damsel in distress" theme.  But having that as my expectation has allowed me to look at the book more for the journey to how we get there rather than for the final twist and ending. This book also would make an excellent read for someone who has just started learning who Batman is. Also I should mention the art, it is excellent. Will the story continue to get better and better? Come back tomorrow and I'll let you know my thoughts on Batman & The Monster Men, issue three. As always please comment with your thoughts and suggestions.

N. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment