Saturday, August 6, 2016

100 Days Of Batman Day 11 August 6th. 2016

So I ultimately have decided to move on to Batman:The Black Mirror. The deciding factor was truthfully I was unable to find a copy of Batman and the Mad Monk in a short amount of time. Which leads us to Batman: Black Mirror by Scott Snyder beginning in issue #871 of Detective Comics. In the first issue we learn that Dick Greyson is currently assuming the mantel of the Dark Knight. Bruce Wayne appears to be completely absent from the story working on a mission to establish allies in other parts of the world. This first issue sets up a mystery, which is to be expected in a Batman story. After all he is the worlds greatest detective. From what we know so far there is a man only know as "the dealer" who has been collecting items from super villains and using them to commit brutal murders.

Detective Comics #871 begins strong. The issue contains just the right amount of action for the beginning of a story as well as providing the necessary information you would want in order to become invested. Scott Snyder is a master story teller especially when it comes to the Batman universe. The book is A MUST READ for sure. It has sucked me in and I can not wait to continue reading on to the next issue tomorrow. I am actually super tempted to just read it now but I will hold off. The art is also great making for a dark and disturbing Batman tale. I highly recommend you pick up a copy and read it for yourself. As always I would love to hear your thoughts.

N. S.

Also in order to more efficiently write about the books I am reading I may begin allowing my self to spoil parts of books that are over 5 years in age. If this is something you really would like me to avoid let me know. If it is something you would like let me know that as well. Also thank you to all that are consistently reading. If it wasn't for you few I would likely have given up all ready. But I know being consistent will help bring more readers over time as well as improve my writing skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment