Thursday, August 25, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 30.

Today I read two short Batman comics. The first was Batman: A Black and White World by Neil Gaiman and art by Simon Bisley. It is only 11 pages and is about the people who play Batman and the Joker in a comic or movie or show, I'm not really sure. The second title is Pavane also by Neil Gaimen. Clocking in at 14 pages it explores both the back story and weather or not Poison Ivy would make a valid member of the Suicide Squad.

A Black and White World is A WASTE OF TIME, do not bother with this story. The only reason I read it was because it was bundled together with Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader. If you do pick up the collection skip this story and move onto Pavane. Pavane is WORTH YOUR TIME. It is a fun little look into the crazy mind of Poison Ivy and what makes her tick. if you decide to forgo reading it your not missing anything amazing but it certainly is worth your time if you do.



Time for an update on how I feel after 31 days of blogging. Overall I feel accomplished. When I started writing this blog I thought at best it would be a place I could practice my writing that may one or two people may occasionally read out of pity and feeling like they should because I am a friend or relative. However I have had far more views in 31 days than I thought I would get in a year. I think this is a good thing.

Occasionally I do still feel as if I am talking to myself. Which can be a bit depressing. Mostly I feel this way because a part of me wanted this blog to explode and be some kind of new craze that people could not live without. A high expectation or wish I know but it does force its way into my thoughts every now and then. In reality however I know it will never be that and I am ok with that, Comics are great but only a small percentage of the world actually read them.

I love writing this blog. It gives me a reason to practice a skill I always enjoyed but never truly loved, and now I love it. I can't imagine a day where I do not write something. I enjoy it so much I am toying with the idea of starting a second blog. It has also increased my love for comics. I always have loved them but never gave them the attention and meditation on the story and art they deserve. When you write about something it forces you to really think about it.

Thanks to all of you that have been following along with me. I really appreciate it. Also please give me any feed back you have. I want to continue to improve and I love to have opinions and ideas to help me along the way. Sorry for the extra long post (even though the Batman part of it was super short). Just wanted to let everyone in on what this blog is doing for me.

N.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment