Friday, August 19, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 24

For tonight's adventure into the world of Batman I have picked up the collected edition of Batman: The Man Who Laughs by Ed Brubaker. The Man Who Laughs story is a one shot but the collected edition also includes Detective Comics #784-786. Batman is perhaps into his second year fighting crime when a mad man dressed like a clown appears on tv predicting the death of some of Gothams rich and famous. This will mark the first time that Batman and his most dangerous and iconic enemy will ever face off.

What, can I say about Ed Brubaker's The Man Who Laughs? Well I suppose I would say if nothing else that it is great. Certainly A MUST READ. After the disappointment of last nights journey into Arkham Asylem this story is super refreshing. The art by Doug Mahnke isn't the best I have ever seen but it is good and does the story justice. Brubaker impressed me with this book. He managed to tell a perfectly passed intense Batman story in just 66 pages, essentially two regular sized issues. Batman: The Man Who Laughs is great for new and old fans alike. It is hands down an amazing book and can not recommend it enough.

N.S.


2 comments:

  1. Ed Brubaker is awesome - If you haven't read his Fatale series you should definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not read that series. I will check it out.

      Delete