Saturday, August 20, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 25

Tonight I read the first of a three issue story entitled Made of Wood by Ed Brubaker with art by Patrick Zircher. The story begins in Detective Comics #784. A retired Commissioner Gordon went out on an early morning walk and discovers a body. He finds the body at the base of Green Lantern's , aka Alan Scott, statue with the words "made of wood" carved into its chest. Now Batman with the help of Green Lantern must hunt down a killer that apparently dates back to the 1940s.

Brubaker is awesome. This is only the second book I have read by him and I can confidently say that he knows Batman just as well as Scott Snyder. He has crafted a very interesting story in Detective Comics #748 having Batman team up with another  iconic hero, Green Lantern. I'm very excited to read the next two issues and watch the interaction between Alan Scott and Batman. It's a team up I've never seen before. The myster of the "made of wood" killer also has me super intrigued as to how it links to Alan Scott and the crimes from the 1940s.

N.S.




No comments:

Post a Comment