Friday, August 5, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 10 August 5th. 2016.

Batman & The Monster Men issue 6 by Matt Wagner is the action packed conclusion to a fun story. Honestly to say anything else will ultimately spoil the ending, at least I can not think of a way to convey what happens in a spoiler free synopsis. After spending ten days reading and writing about comics I've noticed that it becomes increasingly difficulty to talk about later issues without risking spoiling the story. Whether it is just my lack of experience in writing or just a legitimate fact I am not yet sure.

This was a fun read, it had plenty of action and ends the story nicely and in a somewhat unexpected way. Which for those of you have been following along know it was a major concern of mine that the story was going to be just to predicable. Batman & The Monster Men issue 6 is most definitely A MUST READ. For some you may not be thrilled by how it ends but I personally like it.

Now let's talk a little about the story as a whole and my overall rating. This is a fantastic fun Batman tale that is most definitely WORTH YOUR TIME. It does have some issues in the first two books and slows down in issue 5 a little too much for my taste but that does not mean this book is anything less than great. The art is fantastic and the story was super fun once you get into it. I definitely recommend that both new readers and long time fans of Batman should check it out.

I find myself in a dilemma as to what Batman tale I want to read next. I would love to dig into Batman: The Black Mirror. However it has come to my attention that Batman & The Monster men is only the first half of a bigger story called Dark Moon Rising with the second half of the tale entitled Batman and the Mad Monk. This comes as no surprise to me just based on how Batman & The Monster Men ended. I do not know if I want to read on, but at the same time I feel as though I should in order to get the entire story.

No comments:

Post a Comment