Saturday, August 27, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 32

The story arc I chose to read next is Barman: No Mans Land. It is a five volume series that was suggested to me by my friend Chuck. The story begins with No Law and A New Order part 1: Values by Bob Gale and Art by Alex Maleev. The City of Gotham has suffered a major earthquake that has turned the city into virtually rubble. The U.S. Government as a result decided to close off the city given the residence a finite amount of time to evacuate before the city is closed off for good trapping hundreds if not thousands in a wasteland controlled by the villains of Gotham.

I must say I am super intrigued with the direction this story is heading. I enjoy post apocalyptic type stories and having Batman in that type of setting is exciting. While the first issue is simply setting up for future issues it does a great job building the world for the coming issues. I look forward to reading No Law And A New Order Part Two. This first issue doesn't have any appearance from our favorite caped vigilante, who apparently has been absent since the quake, so now I'm very interested to find out where he has been and why he's been gone. This first issue is definitely WORTH YOUR TIME. Thanks Chuck for the suggestion and lending me your copy.

N. S.


No comments:

Post a Comment