Monday, August 15, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 20 August 15th 2016

Before I get into Detective Comics #879 I just want to bring back up #878. It has unsettled me, not many things do but that issue did. I have not been able to get the thoughts of that last disturbing panel out of my head. It has haunted my thoughts my entire day. Creeping it's way in whenever I was not preoccupied by work. I think it says something to the skill of a writer, and artist when he or she can implant an image and idea in your mind that you just can not shake.  In this case it was a image that disturbed me to my core. Maybe I'm just weak stomached but I am pretty confident I am feeling the exact emotion this writer and artist meant for me to.

Now on to Detective Comics #879. In this issue we transition back to Comissionor Gordon's point of view. Gordon doesn't trust his son, but he has no proof. On a hunch he goes to the clinic that James Gordon Jr. is employed at and steals one of the pills that are supposed to be giving James a normal life. Commissioner Gordon then takes the pill to Barbara to have her run analysis on it to see if it truly is what his son claims it to be.

All I really can say is, wow. I am loving this story it gets better and better with each passing issue. I don't think it had the shock that the previous issue had but it is bringing things together so neatly I can't help but say this was the better issue. It just had so much tension and it also had the Joker, who I always read with Mark Hamill's voice. I can not overstate that this is absolutely A MUST READ issue.  I am honestly at a loss of what more I should say to convince you just how good it was. Go read Batman: Black Mirror. You will not regret it.

N. S.




No comments:

Post a Comment