Sunday, August 21, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 26

Wow, has it really been 26 days all ready? Time seriously flies by and I can not believe I have managed to make it to day 26 without missing a post. I have always enjoyed writing but with writing this blog I have found a new appreciation for it. At first it simply felt like a chore but now I can't imagine not writing some every day. I don't write huge posts and sometimes I wonder if my blog suffers for it or that I am just not proficient enough at writing to write long posts on a comic that is usually no more than 30 pages long. Yet I enjoy it. Maybe these posts are perfectly fine only being a few short paragraphs, perhaps they are not. Only time will tell how my writing style will grow and I will learn how to make my writing more interesting and enjoyable for the reader. Anyways enough about that lets get into tonight's Batman comic.

Detective Comics #785 is part two of the Made of Wood story written by Ed Brubaker. Batman is on the trail of the only lead he has on the "made of wood" killing. Will he find the killer before he kills again? Meanwhile retired police commissioner James Gordon has started an investigation into the murders as well, using his connections with the D.A.  he manages to narrow the 1940s killings down to three possible suspects.

This is another great issue, certainly A MUST READ. Batman is a great character, a character that I love to read about but what I think makes the best Bat-stories great is when they are creepy but, also when they spend just as much time on a character other than the caped crusader. I like batman being that mysterious figure that always seems to save the day but if you blink you miss him. Brubaker I think has perfectly blended the creepy to Batman to side character ratio. The Gordon portion of this book stood out for me. It shows that he is just as a capable detective as batman as he is currently ahead of him on this case. It is also great to see Batman interact with a guest hero, you never really know how he is going to react. I got the feeling that Batman truly respects Alan Scott, a emotion I do not often see Batman showing another hero. This is a great book with a lot of depth and I really think you should give it try. I'm confident you will not be disappointed.

N. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment