Sunday, August 7, 2016

100 Days of Batman Day 12, August 7th. 2016

Detective Comics Issue #872 is a strong follow up to issue #871. In its opening  Batman is following  a new lead on one of the "dealers" auction members. Well it doesn't end well, with the lead accidentally killing himself during a chase. Oracle (Barbara Gorden) manages to recover the information that Batman was after. She even was able to make it look as if the lead did not die. This allows Batman to assume his identity and infiltrate the "mirror house". That is Detective Comics #872 in a nut shell.

This is A MUST READ book. A rating I feel like I have given to more books than have not so far. So either I am easily entertained or I have been picking excellent books to read. Anyways the reason I like this book is definitely the art done by Francesco Francavilla, Jock, as well as the excellent writing of Scott Snyder. Both art and story pair well with each other giving a dark yet fun story. It's no surprise to me that these first couple issues have been nothing less than fantastic with a writer like Scott Snyder. He has given me a reason to look into the Nightwing comics with how he is portraying Dick Greyson as Batman. It's a different feeling having Dick fill in for Bruce and so far I'm loving it. If you have been avoiding this title because it lacks Bruce Wayne stop it and read this book. Also I had no idea this was a Bruce less story before fininishing the first issue in the arc.


No comments:

Post a Comment