Wednesday, August 3, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 8, Augusts 3rd. 2016

I have somehow made it through the first 8 days. Well 8 days is not that much of time I was genuinely worried I would have given up in the first 7. My next goal is to make it to day 16. Now on to my thoughts of Batman & The Monster Men issue 4 by Matt Wagner. In this issue Batman comes face to face with the monster men, and they are just that, monster. Not much of a synopsis but trust me when I say that is all you need to know. The book was fun and you should experience it for yourself.

When compared to the previous issues this one is the standout in both action and fun. For those two reasons I rate Batman & The Monster Men  as A MUST READ. That being said it is not a stand alone issue you should definitely read the first 3 issues prior. The book had a lot of action with Batman going toe to toe with the monster men. I should also mention that I think it may go back to a damsel in distress story based on some other plot points that happened inbetween the action so we shall see. Something else happens that I think will be really fun to watch play out over the next 2 issues. I'm really beginning to enjoy this Batman tale. Even though it still has 2 issues remaining and could still end in an expected way it may become a favorite. 

As a bonus let's talk about Batman: The Telltale Series. Episode 1 of 5 which was released on Tuesday and I stayed up late playing so I could avoid any potential spoilers. Before I talk about what I liked and didn't like I just want to tell you it's great. Let's start with the games issues. As with the majority of Telltale's games it suffers from some slight technical issues. Mainly with frame rate and the engine did stutter a couple times throughout the two hours I spent with it. The story also constantly likes to remind us that Bruce Wayne's Parents are dead. Which is not something it needs to do. 

What makes the game great is first and foremost the story. You spend as much time in the game as Bruce Wayne as you do the caped crusader. It was a lot of fun making choices as both. Personally I enjoyed the action based Batman parts the most especially with having the option to make Batman absolutely brutal in the way he deals with criminals or a much more forgiving Batman. The voice acting was also excellent although it will always be difficult for me to hear a voice other than Kevin Conroy as Batman. It is my opinion that this is A MUST PLAY game. So do your self a favor and pick up the first episode. As always comments and opinions are welcome. 

N. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment