Thursday, August 18, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 23

For tonight's batbook I ultimately decided to read Arkahm Asylem: A Series House on Serious Earth. Ultimately, I decided to because it was sitting on my bookshelf having never been read. Also I decided to read the entire graphic novel in a single sitting as it did not have any natural stopping points. Arkham Asylum written by Grant Morrison and Illistrated by Dave Mckean explores the psyche of Batman. Joker has taken over Arkham Asylem and is holding the staff hostage demanding Batman come alone. Will Batman be able to survive in a house that is full of criminals that want to kill him?

I do not even know where to begin with this book. Simply I did not like it. Which disappoints me. This is supposed to be one of the best Batman books and for me it just fell flat. Frankly this book is compelling at its best and not worth your time at its worst. The concept of the story is great with Joker ultimately wanting to prove to Batman he is just as insane as the inmates he has locked away, but it falters from being to short and trying to pack to much content in. The art is perhaps the worst part of the entire reading experience and for it alone I want to tell you to avoiding this book. It's just so messy and distracts from the story, oh and the way they depict Jokers speach bubbles is honestly criminal. I want to be able to read the text not try and interpret another language. I'm disappointed, I really wanted to like this book but I just don't. An opinion I'm sure most do not agree with. Sadly I have to rate this book as COMPELLING. The only thing saving it from be a waste of time is the basic idea behind the story.

N. S.


No comments:

Post a Comment