Tuesday, September 27, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 63

Continuing on with catching up on the current run of Batman, before DC spoils the story on their social media for me like they did with the  Detective Comics title. Batman: I am Gotham Part Four by Tom King and art by David Finch picks up immediately where part 3 ended. Hugo Strange is back in Gotham and has somehow managed to take control of the emotions of Gotham and Gotham Girl. Now Batman has two very powerful issues to handle, three if you include the return of Hugo Strange.

I enjoy Batman a lot and Scott Snyder has written some of my absolute favorite stories. King reminds me a lot of Snyder with the care and attention he puts into his writing of Batman. I have often found myself forgetting that I am Gotham is not being written by Snyder. Personally I think that is excellent as it shows they both understand who Batman is and how to write a coherent story. King I am sure would like to differentiate himself and given time I believe he will. Nothing is wrong with that as long as he doesn't try to change the character at his core. As of right now I am loving his Batman tale and hope it continues to grow into something just as successful if not more so than that of his predecessor.  I am Gotham: Part Four is A MUST READ. Again I am not going to talk about the actual books plot do to its age, so do yourself a favor and read it for yourself.

N.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment