Friday, September 9, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 45

Taking a break from Batman: No Man's Land I picked up Batman: Rebirth 1 by Scott Snyder and Tom King with art by Mikel Janin. DC Comics recently "rebooted all of there existing comic lines, I do not think it is nearly as drastic as when they did the New 52 but it is a reboot just the same. In this quick issue Batman faces off against the Calendar Man as well as recruits a new hero.

I have not kept up with Batman at all since the New 52 was announced a few years ago. So with the Rebirth reboot only being a few issues in I thought it would be a good time to start keeping current on the newest Batman books. I have to say I am a little confused with this issue, specifically with the new sidekick being introduced. Mostly because I have no idea who he is, which is likely do to the fact that I have not kept current. So that is a minor issue that I will rectify. The story itself however is Just OK. Nothing really special happens and it really just feels like a filler book in order to prepare the new creative team in taking over. I wont say much more about it seeings as it is a very new issue and defiantly not old enough where I can get away with spoilers. Not a bad beginning but Tom King defiantly needs to step up his writing game in order to keep me interested. Batman: Rebirth 1 is COMPELLING. Read it if you want but do not feel like you need to.

N.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment