Sunday, September 4, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 40

Wow almost half way done with my !00 days of Batman and the first set of 100 Days of Comics. I cant believe how fast time goes by. Anyways on to today's, actually tonight's comics. It is another subplot tale from Batman: No Man's Land entitled Mosaic. It is another two part tale that focuses on what the Black Mask has been and is doing in Gotham aka No Man's Land.

I have to say I am again disappointed with the quality of both art and story has been going since finishing Volume One of No Man's Land. The story of Mosaic by Greg Rucka is OK. It was not terrible and at the very least gave a little bit of substance and answered a single questions but it was not amazing or necessarily worth your time. The most the plot honestly did was show us where Batman has been sending all the criminals of Gotham now. The artwork by Frank Teran was awkward. I liked it more than what was done in Bread and Circuses but still felt strange and depicted characters in odd ways. At best the book was COMPELLING. Your not missing much if you skip it, besides Barbara Gordon acting like a child.  

N.  S.


2 comments:

  1. That's too bad, I'm a huge Rucka fan. But I guess even people I like just put out workmanlike efforts sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also Like Rucka. I think that is why this particular story was a let down for me.

      Delete