Thursday, September 8, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 44

Tonight is a struggle to write. It is also the first time I have genuinely thought about giving up the blog all together. I am not sure why I feel this way is the strange thing. However I must persist. In the words of Colin Moriarty (one of the hosts to several podcasts I listen to) "be consistent", I am probably paraphrasing but I know that is the basic concept. If you want to become proficient at something you have to be consistent and practice, practice, practice. Sadly I do not think I spend nearly enough time writing to improve as much as I would like. A couple of paragraphs every day is something but I do not feel as if I have accomplished much. If only the days were longer. Sorry for the minor rant but this blog is primarily about improving my writing skill so I just wanted to give everyone an update on how things are going. Now to your regular scheduled Bat-blog.

I am still digging into the Batman: No Man's Land comic run and for tonight I read the two part subplot entitled Mark of Cain. It is written by Kelley Puckett with art by Damion Scott and picks up immediately where Claim Jumping ended. Two-Face now controls Batman's territory. Commissioner Gordon is being hunted by the assassin Cain. Batman finally realizes he is going to need help and tells Oracle to bring call for the rest of the heroes of Gotham.

This was a weird set of issues. I am still not entirely sure as to how I truly feel about it. Overall I think it is good so I will say it is WORTH YOUR TIME. Where it struggled the most was with the decision to jump around a lot without explanation causing the story to feel choppy especially in part one. Also why does Batman have what can only be described as batarangs sticking out of his shoulders? Not the best design but a minor complaint as over all the art was good. The story did not wow me, most likely because it was so choppy but in the end it was good. Also I finally found out who the new Batgirl was. I must say it did surprise me but at the same time it was not necessarily unexpected. It is also nice to have the rest of the Bat-family in the picture as a story as large and grand as No Man's Land can definitely benefit from them.

Huh, that was much easier to write than I expected it would be than when I started. Anyways I think I am going to take a break from the No Man's Land story for a couple days. I am enjoying it overall but I am afraid I am going to get burnt out with it, but fear not for I shall return to it.

N.S.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment