Tuesday, September 13, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 49

Batman: I am Gotham Part Two by Tom King and art by David Finch picks up shortly after where part one ended. Perhaps a day perhaps a week has passed since Batman first met the heroes Gotham and Gotham Girl, Batman intervenes in a fight they are having with Solomon Grundy. Having been observing Gotham City's new heroes the Dark Knight decides they are good but are not as effective as they could be. Deciding they are worthy to help Batman bring them to meet Commissioner Gordon.

King is defiantly crafting an interesting story which has me intrigued. This was a slower issue which was OK. It had enough action to keep it entertaining but it true strength lies in the mystery that has started to unfold. Now as it was with the first issue I am not going to spoil anything since it is just to fresh of a story. I will say this the phrase "monster men" is used and so is the name of a certain villain that is associated with it. Possibly a link to Batman and The Monster Men by Matt Wagner? I think so, but only future issues will confirm my suspicion. Give I am Gotham Part Two a read. It is defiantly A MUST READ.  

N.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment