Saturday, September 10, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 46

Deciding to give writer Tom King the time he deserves to show me that he can write a good if not great Batman book I decided to pick up Batman 1: I am Gotham, Part One. While saving a crashing plan Batman is saved by a new duo of heroes, Gotham and Gotham Girl. Who are these two and why are they in Batman's city?

I thoroughly enjoyed this first issue. The story was fun and possibly over the top, but over the top in the best possible way. The art by David Finch was spot on. Now I refuse to spoil anything about the story as it is just to new and deserves to be experienced by others spoiler free. I am Gotham, Part One is absolutely A MUST READ and is a great starting of point for a new reader. The transition from old to new creative team should have skipped the Batman: Rebirth issue and went straight into this tale.

Now just because this was a great book does not guarantee that King is going to be as nearly as great a writer as his predecessor Scott Snyder, but it defiantly gives me hope. I can only imagine how hard it is to come into a series like Batman but King nails it with this issue. I hope he continues to do great work. He certainly has me excited to see who Gotham and Gotham Girl are, Now comes the difficult decision. I need to decide what to read for tomorrow. I was planning on going back to No Man's Land but now I am thinking I am Gotham, Part Two may be a better choice. Hhhhhmmmmm I think will end up alternating between the two every couple of days. Thanks everyone for reading. I cant believe I am almost to the half-way point.

N. S.


No comments:

Post a Comment