Thursday, September 15, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 51

Well I am officially over half way done with my 100 Days of Batman run. I know that I as the writer can hardly believe so much time has passed. Which makes me wonder what you as the reader think. In these past fifty days I feel like I have accomplished something, not a lot but something. That something being I have a daily reading and writing routine. It only takes me about an hour to read and write for this blog every evening, which is not much time but at least it is something. Even with just the 20-30 minutes of time it takes to do the actual writing (am I a slow writer? Maybe its not like these posts are very lone.) I can tell that it is becoming increasingly easier and easier to put my thoughts on "paper".

For tonight I picked up All Star Batman: My Own Worst Enemy Part 2 by Scott Snyder and art by John Romita Jr. Batman is on a mission to save his friend Harvey Dent aka Two-Face.  In order to do so however, he needs to travel just under 500 miles to a cabin where he hopes to eliminate Harvey's evil personality (I am not sure why the cabin is important yet). Nearly everyone in Gotham however wants to stop Batman because Two-Face has threatened to expose all of their dirty secrets if the Dark Knight is not stopped.

Snyder has a very interesting story going with My Own Worst Enemy. He makes you want to see Batman succeed and free Harvey Dent from his evil alter-ego because deep down Harvey is a good man. Batman's quest however seems to be nothing more than an excuse to pit every villain in Gotham City against him all at once, and maybe a few allies will turn on him as well. It is a good excuse though as it makes for a very action packed comic full of brutal fights and good old fashioned action. That being said I want the actual story to be a little stronger and maybe a little less action overall. The balance is just not quite right as of yet. It is only issue two so Snyder has plenty of time to balance and flesh out the over all plot. Despite the thin plot and heavy focus on the action My Own Worst Enemy Part 2 is A MUST READ. As of right now the run is super new and makes a perfect jumping on point if you have wanted to read a Batman book by one of the industries very best writers.

N.S.



No comments:

Post a Comment