Saturday, October 29, 2016

100 Days of Comics, Day 95

Well on to Rise of the Batmen, Part 2: Apocalypse Now by James Tynion IV and art by Eddy Barrows. SPOILERS may come up in this post although maybe not. It does not seem to really go anywhere as it predecessor did. So Batwoman has begun her training of the heroes her and Batman have assembled to help fight this army of "Batmen". She however appears to be pushing them far to hard so Red Robin decides to put an end to it. He then goes and spend some time with Batman before heading in for the evening to spend time with his girlfriend Spoiler. Batman well patrolling the streets is attacked by the "Batmen" and that is where the book ends.

First thing is first. For some reason Batwoman rubs me the wrong way. I do not like her but I can not place my finger on why. Now the rest of the book was ok but again nothing really happened and it was overall a fairly dull book. The most interesting part was the cliffhanger with Batman about to face off against 50 or so "Batmen" I really hope the story picks up in the next issue. Part 2 however is simply COMPELLING. I really want to end the 100 Days of Batman on a great set of books so I will be disappointed if this one does not get better.

N.S.




No comments:

Post a Comment