Friday, October 7, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 73


It is funny how you can not really enjoy one issue for its lack of mystery while the following one will have you so intrigued you want to run out and pick up the next volume just to see what is going to happen next. That is exactly how I feel about Revenge of the Red Hood Part Three: Flamingo is Here by Grant Morrison and art by Philip Tan. There are certain clichés you come to expect with comic book superheroes, things that you know are going to happen. In this case that clichés happened to be that Batman and Robin were obviously going to escape from the captivity of the Red Hood. That was the only real gripe I could find with this issue, but it is an expected issue I have come to expect in comics. Now the book really delivers at the end of the story and I think that is its saving grace. Because of how it ends I absolutely must know what happens in the next volume, and thats a good thing. Despite not being the best plot I have ready Morrison did make me want to come  back for more and the is why Revenge of the Red Hood Part Three: Flamingo is Here is WORTH YOUR TIME.

N.S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment