Monday, October 17, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 83

So the last two issues of the Barman and Robin Must Die!, Part Three: The Knight  Death and Devil and Black Mass, do a fair job of finishing the story arc. I have to be honest the words are not flowing tonight so this may be rough so pleas bear with me. Anyways both issues were much improved over Part Two. I would rate them both as WORTH YOUR TIME.

We find out that the villain, El Penitente and the head of the Black Glove, is Doctor Hurt, a man who was once taken in by the Wayne family. I am sure that there is a ton of backstory to him however I am unaware of it. Perhaps I will find out what story arc it is in and check it out. Besides that we have the return of Bruce Wayne. He was brought back in a interesting way. The black glove was attempting to call forth the Barbatos, a giant bat-like creature whom he worships, but instead he calls back Bruce Wayne from is trip through the past. It was not the most logical way to bring him back but thinking back on it I do not think I could have thought of a more logical way either, but it does feel like it could have been better.

My favorite part is that the Joker having accepted that "his Batman" was gone was going to start crime fighting. In fact he was the one who kept The Black Glove from escaping. Granted he did bury him alive. Now he would have made a deranged crime fighter who would have likely killed the criminals he went after but it would have been a really interesting mini series to watch happen. Is it the best story I have ever read? No. Could the return of Bruce Wayne been done a bit better? Probably, I think so at least. It was an enjoyable read but I am glad to be moving on. Vampire Batman here I come.

N.S.





No comments:

Post a Comment