Sunday, October 2, 2016

100 Days of Batman, Day 68

Well another day with increasingly lower views. Oh well I will continue on ire-regardless, although it is disappointing. Anyways I am glad to be done with Batman: The Dark Knight Strikes Again. On to bigger and better Batman stories and at a friends suggestion I picked up Batman and Robin (2009-2011) Vol. 1: Batman Reborn. So I started with Part One: Domino Effect written by Grant Morrison and art by Frank Quitely. Bruce Wayne, the Dark Knight, Batman, has died. Dick Greyson, Nightwing and the original Robin, has assumed and taken Bruce's place. Things are changing for Dick and one of the biggest is he must now work with Bruce's son and new Robin, Damian Wayne.

What a refreshing story to follow up with after the previous. So lets start with the one thing that I was not super impressed with. Simply it the design of the Batmobile. Its a bubble. A bubble that can fly and has wheels. It is a minor complaint but lets be honest the Batmobile is iconic and has had far better design choices.

The Bubblemobile, oops I mean Batmobile. 

Pretty funky huh? As far as complaints go it is absolutely minor. The book is old enough that I should not take any backlash for spoiling plot points so here we go. Who is Pyg? I have only ever seen this particular villain in the video game Batman: Arkham Knight, but I did not give him much thought at the time. Now I am super intrigued. He was creepy in the game and he is creepy in the last few panels of Domino Effect. He has a strange view of perfection and in order to achieve perfection he performs horrendous surgeries to alter the human form. I must be honest I can not wait to dig further into this story and find out more about this creepy character. Batman and Robin (2009-2011) Vol. 1: Batman Reborn. Part One: Domino Effect is more than WORTH YOUR TIME. 

N.S. 


No comments:

Post a Comment