Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Day 0, July 26th. 2016

Hello,

   Welcome to 100 days of comics! I have started this blog in an effort to read more comics as well as become a more proficient writer. It was largely inspired by the 100 days of gaming I have heard about people doing as a way of earning money for Extra Life, a wonderful charity that raises money for sick children and their local children's hospitals.  I would love to be able to incorporate it into Extra Life at some point but I am unsure as how to do so at this time. I hope to eventually figure out how.
  Anyways, as stated above the main reason for this blog is to force myself to read more comics. I have always loved comics but have often let the monotony of everyday life keep me from reading them on a regular if not a daily bases. I am a huge fan of stories and art which is why I was drawn toward comics in the first place. Comics like other forms of media help us to escape from the real world if only for a moment. They can make us laugh, cry, angry, sad, but usually they make us happy. I am excited to begin this journey into the world of comics and for my first 100 day run I will be reading all things Batman. I will be looking for suggestions of which story arcs to read next as I progress. I am also looking for constructive criticism on my writing, as I am trying to improve my writing ability. I hope you all enjoy following me on this rather nerdy journey into the world of Batman.

N. S.

2 comments:

  1. Good first post Nick! I think I'm going to join you on your 100 days. I have a huge pile of comics that I haven't read yet. As far as Extra Life goes, just mentioning it from time to time helps! We're a little more than 100 days from the national game day on November 5th, so this is a great lead up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really read comics, but I love what you're doing. I'll be in and out :)

    ReplyDelete