Saturday, July 30, 2016

100 Days of Batman. Day 4 July 30th. 2016.

Again I will have to apologize for a poorly edited post as I'm still in Boston visiting friends. That being said I have finished issue 4 of Batman Year 100 by Paul Pope. It is hard to really go into any detail as I feel the only way to do it will spoil the first 3 issues and likely most of this issue in order for it to make sense. So let's just get into how I feel abou it then also how I feel about the story over all now that I've finished it. Batman Year 100  issue 4 is most definitely A MUST READ. It ties up the story nicely and answers all the questions you have about the overarching plot, but it did leave me with a single question that I don't believe it clearly answers. Perhaps I'm wrong and I just missed it. I won't talk about that question here as it could be seen as a spoiler. Well I feel the final issue is a must read I honestly didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I did the first three. Don't take that as a bad thing or that the story ends in a lackluster way because it truly ends well and is very fitting. It just didn't end how I wanted it to.

Now let's talk a little bit about the story as a whole. I think it is pretty obvious as to how I am going to rate the completed story. It is of course A MUST READ. Now I should clarify that a little, it's a must read for Batman fans who have a understanding of the character and the world he lives in. In my opinion it will resonate more with them than someone who has no idea who Batman is. There are a lot of things the author assumes you know about the character when you go into this story that can easily be lost on those who are not familiar with him. To get the most out of the story I think it's best to have read at least some of the more popular Batman stories before diving into Batman Year 100. If you are a Batman fan and have never read this great story definitely do yourself a favor and pick it up. It's worth it. I will be deciding between Batman & The Monster Men and Batman: The Black Mirror for my next story arc. Let me know in the comments which you think I should read next and also give some feedback on ways you think I can improve the blog and writing. It definitely needs some work to make it look a little more comic book themed.

N. S.

1 comment:

  1. No editing problems I noticed. Made me actually want to read a Batman book so mission accomplished.

    ReplyDelete